Tuesday, January 8, 2008

#6 & #7


#6 was a Supreme Grilled Cheese from Pete's in downtown Los Angeles. We went there after seeing the Murakami exhibit at the Geffen Contemporary. The exhibit was fun. It's gotten lots of press for being commercial--there's a Louis Vuitton store in the middle of the gallery, set up like a cross between a store and a gallery display. Three sales people, no price tags...if you have to ask, you can't afford it! Back to the sandwich--cheddar, blue cheese, goat cheese and caramelized onions on Texas toast. Deeelish. I'll have to remember that combo for the future.

#7 was half of Beth's leftover Grilled Vegetable sandwich from Mo's. It was huge, so I'm counting it as a whole. I ate it on the plane on the way home Sunday night. We went to Mo's on Friday night with my family, plus my cousins and some family friends. It's a tradition! The sandwich held up pretty well after two days in the fridge and half a day in my backpack. It had eggplant, zucchini, peppers and onions with some kind of white cheese (mozzarella?) on a roll. Much better than anything I could have gotten in the airport!

1 comment:

Daddy said...

goodbye "0" comments sis....sorry we couldnt join you for these other la sandys. i'm going to stamp out commentless posts. thank you for your diligence.