Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Panini!

Tonight was the debut of sandwich night on Wednesday. I'd say a good time was had by all. My co-worker Karen came over. She's a crazy ANTM fan and she brought yummy wine. Angie's girlfriend Mandy came, but said she had already eaten so no sandwich for her. Have no fear Mandy--you WILL have a sandwich night sandwich one day! Although the ANTM makeovers weren't as dramatic as they could have been, the paninis lived up to all of our expectations!

Check out our mad panini press. That's the most beautifully seasoned skillet ever (thanks Angie!) heated up and squashing sammiches on our $11 IKEA grill pan. Oh yeah.

We put portobella mushrooms, chicken, red peppers, pesto, mozzarella, and provolone on ciabatta rolls and grilled them. I even made a salad. We were laughing that this was our healthiest sandwich night yet. But have no fear--cholesterol is back on the menu next week--we're making Monte Christos!!!!
I'll take that with a side of Lipitor, please

5 comments:

Daddy said...

you should wear slippers and do the press with your foot

Anonymous said...

Yum! That one looks so darned tasty, I'm inspired to make a panini of my own. At Acme, we had a 2-sided grill press we used to make grilled cheese, and I don't know what it was about the pressing that made the sandwiches 10 times better, but there you have it. My friend Jess and I had the magic grilled cheese combo down pat - 2 slices of provolone, 2 slices of mozzerella, 1 slice of swiss. Then tomatoes and red onions. I'm salivating just thinking about it... that settles it - road trip to Acme for lunch one of these days.

OK, I got sidetracked by sandwich thoughts. The real point of this comment was that it's only fitting that healthy sandwich night happens on ANTM night. Although Bitches do eat lots of Doritos.

Rebecca said...

But I don't want to burn my stylish monkey slippers!

Anonymous said...

The wine was also in honor of the fierce ones. The white had a peacock on the label.

We debated whether we should smoke, since they do a lot of that on ANTM, too.

Anonymous said...

We are very excited by all this sandwich talk. Carolyn may even be inspired to do less take out and more home made meals.


Carolyn says, "Is he dreaming?"