Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The gift that keeps on giving

That would be all of the white paper packages of meat and cheese in our refrigerator. We went a little nuts in our Dagwood shopping. (Not surprising, since we walked into Everett's hungry!)
The result is a week's worth of great sandwiches for lunch. Today I have replicated the lower portion of my Dagwood, aka the "sweet" layer. I have 12 grain bread, honey mustard, smoked ham, Swiss cheese, bread and butter pickles, spouts, cucumbers, red pepper, tomatoes, red onion and lettuce. Yum.
Tomorrow I plan to attack the remaining "loaf" meats: pepper loaf and jalapeno loaf. That is, if someone didn't get to them first!

2 comments:

Daddy said...

dear sandwiches i have loved person(s)

thank you for being sure to explore the far reaches of the deli case to bring us tales of various loafs. a lesser blog would not take the due diligence to search out, prepare and consume jalapeno loaf.

Rebecca said...

I feel like I only have a partial commitment to loaf meats. We stoppped short of "roast sirloin loaf" which looks like chopped up meat in jello. And we skipped the original loaf meat, head cheese. Which you can get in two varieties at Everett's: regular and hot. I did want to get pickle loaf, but the ladies vetoed me. This is a democracy of sandwiches after all.