Thursday, January 7, 2010

California Dreaming

I'm settled back at home, facing a low of -10 tonight, so please indulge me while I get a little nostalgic for my recent vacation. Los Angeles was perfect this past week. 70's and sunny everyday, just like in the movies.
On my last day we went to the Village Coffeeshop in Beachwood Canyon for lunch. I've been going there ever since I was a misguided sandwich hating child. I used to order a hamburger patty and half an order of french fries. If my mom felt like sharing a milkshake, I'd get that, too.
It's really a shame, because I missed several years of eating their awesome club sandwich. They use real turkey breast and good crispy bacon. You can add avocado (why wouldn't you?) And it comes on sourdough toast. Pretty near perfect.
Beth and I shared one. And a chocolate milkshake, too.

2 comments:

Amy J. said...

What!? No Egg Cream?!?!

Rebecca said...

But the egg cream was your Beachwood treat, Amy!