Sunday, May 4, 2008

All Star Sandwiches!

My sister in law has been promising me a trip to the All Star Sandwich Bar for a while now. Those promises finally paid off this trip. We ended up going twice!
On the first visit, I ordered the Veggie Cuban. It has a bunch of grilled vegetables, Swiss cheese, pickle, and a yummy sauce. A lovely combo.
Meghan got the Funky which has Texas style brisket, avocado, cheese, lettuce and tomato. She gave me a bite (for research purposes, of course!). It was delicious! My dad got the Cuban and Beth had a 1/2 panini with salami and roasted red pepper.
The sandwiches gave me the fuel I needed to finish decorating Lila's cake.
The next day, as I was working on my nephew's cake, my brother suggested a trip to Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage. Our plans were thwarted, however, by a very long line of customers spilling out of the door and into the rain. Luckily, the All Star is nearby! I drowned my Mr. Bartley's disappointment in an All Star Patty Melt.
Rye bread, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, caramelized onions and a burger patty. Quite delicious. And it gave me the strength I needed to decorate the Train Cake my mom so kindly baked!

No comments: