Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recent Dinner Sandwiches of Note

Beth and I have been on a roll with delicious dinner sandwiches lately. It started with a falafel combination from Holyland Deli last Monday. Always so yummy--I like the addition of fried cauliflower, zucchini, and whole roasted garlic cloves
The next fantastic dinner sandwich came as a complete surprise to me. As I was heading out the door Thursday night to go coach rugby practice I jokingly told Beth that "if a dinner fairy comes down and has something delicious for me to eat when I get home, I wouldn't be sad at all." Lo and behold, that dinner fairy turned out to be Beth, who made homemade black bean burgers. Yay!!!
The picture may be a little blurry, but the prettiness comes through, don't you think?
Sunday night we found ourselves at Prima, eating Panini al Bistecca. That's a panini with brie, roast beef, caramelized onions, and spinach.
And finally, we had to repeat the amazing Croque Monsieur paninis on Monday. We have to use up that gallon of maple syrup somehow...

2 comments:

vdaisy said...

You have to us up that gallon of maple syrup? How 'bout that gallon o' mustard? :P

Anonymous said...

I wanna try the syrup! I wanna try the syrup! I wanna try the syrup!