Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The GIANT Hero!!!

There it is! Here's how we made it: I bought two loaves of Vienna bread from Cossetta's to start with. Then the meats: Porketta, Italian Roast Beef, Prosciutto, Hot Soprasetta and Pepperoni. The cheeses: Provolone, Mozzarella and Parmesan. The veggies: roasted red peppers, tomatoes (I seeded them, then salted them to draw out moisture so the sandwich wouldn't get soggy), red onion, roasted portobello mushrooms, sliced peperocini, marinated artichokes and Italian seasoning. I layered everything up and squished together. Then I wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes. Then it went into the fridge to rest overnight.

Oh, it was lovely!

And, yes, I did make a veggie version for Mandy, with no meats.


Here's the pretty potato salad Amy made. See the flowers made of eggs and red peppers?

All in all, it was great night! I'm looking forward to some irregularly scheduled Sandwich Nights soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it was by far the most heroic giant sandwich I've EVER eaten. I'm sorry I forgot to clean my children's giant toy mess before I left. I was so filled with sandwich I couldn't focus!
AEB+JR&I

Daddy said...

i'm glad that upon return to blog viewing after an extended absence i was greeted by pictures of my sister, booze and the biggest sandwich ever assembled for sandwich night. job well done on a banner first season. rest, recuperate, dream big...you earned it, and ate it.