Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar paninis!

So, I've been really busy lately. But I still wanted to do something for the Oscars. What's easier than a panini Sandwich Night? Not much!
I went to Trader Joe's after work on Friday when I was stressed out and super hungry. Nice combo. I ended up with lots of salami and prosciutto. Plus provolone, mozzarella and brie. I got their nice sliced sourdough bread and some basil and arugula. Plus a lot of other stuff that sounded like a good idea at the time. Trader Joe's, you get me every time.
Our friends Kris and Doug came over and brought French munster cheese as well. French munster looks like a soft ripened cheese and tastes kind of like goat cheese. Also, it is delicious.
For our sandwiches, I added some roasted red peppers and honey to the mix. Beth and I split two paninis: prosciutto, brie, arugula, honey and French munster; and salami, red pepper, provolone, mozzarella, and basil.
I preferred the prosciutto one, but both were tasty! I should have put more honey on it. Luckily, we have lots of leftovers.

No comments: