Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Are tacos sandwiches?

Probably not. But they are delicious. And I made some good ones the other night. I make them just the way my mother taught me (with my own touches, of course). I brown one pound of ground turkey (ground beef works, too), one chopped onion, one tablespoon whole cumin and some salt. Then I spoon some in a corn tortilla (sometimes I use flour). Here comes the important part:

Fry the taco along the fold first. Make sure you hold it there for a while, to make sure it stays folded when you lay it on its side.
Fry it on both sides until it's crispy and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. I fill them with cheddar cheese, green taco sauce (La Victoria is the best), lettuce and tomato. And please humor me and put the cheese on the meat and not on top of the lettuce. Thank you.



No comments: