Friday, June 20, 2008

A Cuban to Remember...

Aah, there it is. I got a bolillo roll and layered it with Dijon mustard, roast pork loin, sliced pit ham, baby Swiss and homemade dill pickles. I sliced up the garlic cloves from the pickle jar and put those on too. Then I squished it in the panini maker (of course) and voila! It was super tasty.
I followed up for lunch yesterday with a slightly different variation: stone ground mustard, pork loin, ham and Swiss on a bolillo roll. (I finished the pickles on the other Cuban.) Since I was at work and away from the panini press, I simply microwaved it for 30 seconds. It was quite tasty, as well. I didn't even miss the pickles!

1 comment:

cora carey said...

wait, does a Cuban always have both ham AND pork loin? that woudl explain why I always like them so much. but I didn't know that...