Monday, July 21, 2008

This just in...

A special guest blog from Kate! (Kate has just finished several weeks of archeological field work in northern Israel and is currently doing some research in museums in Jerusalem.)Here's her sandwich update:


"I'm in Jerusalem right now and remembered in the midst of eating my 10 skekel (a little over $3) lunch that I owed you sandwich pictures. So, here's my falafel, purchased in the Old City of Jerusalem and eaten on the stairs leading down to the Damascus Gate. Contents included: falafel balls, fries, hot sauce, tahini, tomatoes and cucumbers, and pickled red cabbage (I skipped the actual pickles, as careful readers of Sandwiches I Have Loved will note, I avoid pickles whenever presented). A little too much cabbage for my taste, but still tasty. All washed down with orange Fanta. Hits the spot on those 95 degree days, in the midst of a whirlwind museum tour."

No comments: